Thursday, August 28, 2014

Season 1 Episode 4 "Emancipation"


SUMMARY:
SG-1 visits a planet inhabited by the Shavadai, a nomadic tribe descended from the Mongols. They regard women as property, and restrict their rights in the belief that to do otherwise would bring "demons" (the Goa'uld) down upon them. Carter ends up being 'sold', but when Carter beats a chieftain in hand-to-hand combat, the team changes the tribe's opinions about the rights of women


*** Alright there's your summary now I need you to talk about it discuss in comments***
Also add pictures 
Favorite Quotes from the Episodes
Let us know did you like it or not?
What worked for you? 
What didn't work for you in this episode?
Is it one of your favorites if so why?

3 comments:

  1. Alright I'll bite the bullet on this one. I almost skipped it I hated it so much. And I recall my dislike of this episode from years ago so that should say something.
    My biggest complaint is the fact of we have to change the way any culture does things b/c we are right and they are wrong. They way they treat women is wrong so we as Americans (which by the way don't do much better) are going to show them that woman should live like this.
    GET OVER YOURSELF
    Just b/c we don't do culture that way doesn't mean it wasn't working for them. Needless to say I am glad when we start getting off that high horse a little (not much but a little) and start appreciating the cultures for what they are.
    Plus it's the whole I am woman hear me roar thing again from Sam which drives me insane you can roar all you want but roaring doesn't make you tough.

    Now the fight scene where you actually won the battle okay I give ya that. I just think she is better when playing the smart role using my brains then my physical strength. Let me out think you any day is a better role for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sara, this would have been one I would have skipped too!

    The only part I liked from this episode is Shang-Tsung from Mortal Kombat is in it.

    If cultures have evolved on different planets, how does this Mongolian culture have horses and dogs? I highly doubt when humans were scattered, these animals were brought along for the ride. What ever have happen to those creatures from the movie on Abydos?! Each planet should have different and unique creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh I hate the writing in this episode! Very choppy. Everyone was over acting again aside from Rick. Bad just bad

    ReplyDelete